Three of these quotes were actually said by John Law at Cacophony Society events in the 1980s – while the other seven are statements in support of the Cacophony philosophy by famous thinkers. Can you tell the difference?
Play our quiz! The answers are below!
1) “The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.”
2) “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.”
3) “Move the neon smiley face 10 inches to the left!”
4) “Play is the exultation of the possible.”
5) “Play keeps us vital and alive. It gives us an enthusiasm for life that is irreplaceable. Without it, life just doesn’t taste good”
6) “Turn off the flame thrower! Turn OFF THE FLAME THROWER!”
7) “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”
8) “Play is the highest form of research.”
9) “The true object of all human life is play.”
10) “Clowns go to the left, giant lizard monsters in tiaras sit in the front.”
Ready for the Answers? They might surprise you!